# Getting Started with Commentful
Commentful (opens new window) is a premium Figma plugin that lets you supercharge your Figma comments and gather external feedback from stakeholders.
- Organize Figma comments by custom statuses on a kanban board
- Supercharge your Figma comments by adding tags, due dates and todos
- See all todos assigned to you (and your own private todos) in one place
- Easily filter your Figma comments by frames, dates, status, users, tags
- Instantly search for Figma comments with autocomplete results
- Add markdown formatting, links and lists to your Figma comments
- Gather external design feedback from anyone outside of your Figma file
- Automatically apply external text and image feedback in Figma with one click
- Export your Figma comments, todos and external feedback to CSV and JSON files
# Installing the plugin
Figma Organization Users
Anyone with a Figma account can install plugins; however, users in a Figma Organization may only be able to install approved plugins.
Ensure you're logged into your Figma account, then follow the steps below to install the Commentful Figma plugin.
# Install with your Web Browser
Navigate to the Commentful Figma plugin (opens new window) page in your web browser, then click the Install button in the top right hand side of the page to install Commentful.
# Install with the Figma Desktop App
- Open the file browser in Figma.
- Click the Community page in the sidebar.
- Enter Commentful into the search bar at the top of the page.
- Click the Plugins tab to filter results to plugins only.
- Click the Install button on the right-hand side of the Commentful search result.
# Running the plugin
Edit Access Required
Anyone with Edit access to a file can run a plugin in that file, anyone who only has View permissions won't be able to run any plugins in that file.
Once you've installed the Commentful Figma plugin, you can switch back into any Figma project file, then follow the steps below.
- Right-click anywhere on your Figma project canvas
- Hover your mouse over Plugins
- Click on the Commentful plugin
# Quickly re-running the plugin
After you've run the Commentful plugin once in a Figma file, you'll be able to quickly re-launch it by clicking the Commentful icon in the right-hand side Figma column (under the "Plugin" subheading).
# Activating the plugin
After using the trial version of Commentful 20 times, you'll be asked for your license key to continue using the plugin. Simply enter your key, select your plan and click Activate.
Need a Commentful License?
You can purchase a license key for you or your team by visiting the Commentful (opens new window) plugin page on the Hypermatic website.
VPN may be required in China
Please note, if you're in China, the license server may be blocked by "The Great Firewall of China". If you're seeing a license error, despite using a valid key, you will likely need to use a VPN (opens new window) to resolve the issue.